Pension Tracing Service

It's very easy to lose track of a pension if you change jobs through your working life. If you have lost or misplaced the details for either a personal, stakeholder or occupational pension then you can contact the Pension Tracing Service for help. This service may be able to help you by providing your pension scheme’s address, and you can then contact the scheme and find your entitlement. It has access to information on over 250,000 pension schemes, and the Pension Tracing Service will use this database to search for your scheme.

This service is free of charge.

The more details you can supply the Pension Tracing Service, the more likely it is that they will be able to trace your scheme. Ideally, you should be able to provide them the name of your previous employer and/or pension scheme, and any of the following information will also be very useful:

  • When did you belong to the pension scheme?
  • If it was a personal pension scheme, what was its name and address?
  • What type of business did the employer run?
  • Was your employer part of a larger group of companies?
  • If it was an occupational scheme, has your employer changed its name or address?
  • What type of pension scheme did you belong to?
  • What was the name of the insurance company involved with the personal pension scheme?