Pension Scheme Complaints

If your complaint is regarding personal pensions, you should contact the Pensions Ombudsman if you want to take your dispute further, but if it is for an Occupational Pension Plan, then the Pensions Advisory Service can offer to mediate between you and the scheme to try to resolve the problem. Any complaints regarding the handling of State Pensions should be made to your local social security office.

Every pension scheme comes with a dispute resolution procedure, which should be followed in the case of a dispute. In the first instance, you should contact your pension provider or administrator, or the adviser who sold you the pension. If you cannot resolve the issue, then contact the Pensions Advisory Service for independent advice.